Frozen Hot Chocolate Brownies
- 26 TBSP butter
- 12 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 TBSP Vanilla
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose or pastry)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate buttons
- Line a 9x11 baking dish with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with rack in center
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time. Stop heating when about 85% melted. Residual heat will take care of the rest.
- While chocolate mixture cools and finishes melting, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- While beating egg mixture (in stand mixer or with hand mixer) slowly add chocolate mixture. You don't want the eggs to cook (yet) so you are tempering it.
- In another bowl whisk the flour and salt together.
- Fold the flour mixture into the chocolate/egg mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Stir Chocolate chips/buttons in once flour is incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan, smooth top and bake about 25 minutes, until top of brownies lightens in color
- Allow them to cool completely in the pan, then move pan to fridge or freezer.
- Once chilled through, lift from pan with the parchment paper and transfer to a cutting board to cut into individual servings. Serve and store cold for best texture.